At First National Bank your safety and well-being is our top priority. As we continue to monitor the the coronavirus outbreak, we are taking several precautions to prevent its spread to our employees, customers and community.
Following recommendations from the CDC and Iowa Department of Public Health, our lobbies continue to be limited to appointments-only during regular office hours. All First National Bank offices will continue to support our customers with full-service banking at our drive-up windows. If you need to meet with your banker, please call for an appointment.
We're here to help!
Money Connection Online (MCO) is our free Internet banking service. MCO allows you to do banking in the comfort of your home or office. You can check account balances, review your statements, transfer funds, make loan payments and pay bills.
FNB Mobile App – search your app store for myfnbbank
Do your banking from anywhere. Deposit checks, check balances, transfer funds and paybills using the your smartphone or tablet.
Additional Bank Services
- Access your accounts using your FNB Debit cards at ATM locations
- Add your FNB Debit Card to your Mobile Wallet
- Sign up for Text Banking
- Use Night Deposit for personal deposits
- Open a Checking Account Online
- Apply for a Mortgage Online
- Call our Customer Service Representatives who are available from 8:00 am – 5:00 pm at 319.483.4833
- Iowa Department of Public Health
- Iowa Workforce Development
- Bremer County Resources
- Cedar Valley Resources
- Clarion Chamber of Commerce
- Eagle Grove Chamber of Commerce
- Mental Health Support
Avoid Coronavirus Scams
As a reminder to keep your personal information safe, be aware of scammer phone calls and phishing emails.
- Don’t click on links from sources you don’t know.
- Ignore online offers for vaccinations.
- Do your homework when it comes to donations.
All banking services are available and continue to operate. The status of the coronavirus is constantly evolving and may mean future changes. We will remain vigilant, continue to monitor the situation and keep you informed. In the meantime, please let us know if there’s anything we can do to assist you or your family through these unprecedented times.
We look forward to continuing to Serve You First.