First Bank is committed to serving you with a full array of financial services. Working with us will help you find the right solution for your personal needs. You can count on us for a hassle-free application process to quick and local decisions.
We offer a variety of personal loans to fit your needs and financial situation.
Home Improvement & Closed-end Home Equity Loans
Homeowners can use the equity in their home to finance major purchases. This would include home improvements, education expenses, loan consolidation, or any worthwhile endeavor. Repayment terms are flexible, convenient, and modified to fit your budget. Home Equity Loans may have a possible tax benefit.
Home Equity Line of Credit (HELOC)
This line of credit is a very convenient way to borrow and give you the flexibility to use on the current equity in your home. Whether it’s home improvements or large purchases, the variable rate loan has a revolving balance that is similar to a credit card. Simply borrow what you need, when you need it. The interest you pay may be tax-deductible.*
We offer auto loans that work for your budget! We'll finance a new car or help you work around your finances to payoff purchases you previously made.
Recreational Vehicles - RVs, Motorcycles, Boats
Enjoy the outdoors? Let First Bank finances the purchase of a new or used recreational vehicle.
With an Unsecured loan, you can use your assets instead of collateral when requesting a Personal Loan. After examining the borrowers credit history, our lenders will make a decision on approving a Unsecure Loan.
Iowa Student Loans - A First Bank Partnership
First Bank works with ISL Education Lending to offer private loans to help you pay for college as well as refinance existing student loans. ISL Education Lending is a nonprofit organization with decades of student loan experience offering lower-priced loans.*
ISL Education Lending offers:
- Loans for college students.
- A loan option for parents and family members who wish to borrow on behalf of a college student.
- Multiple student loan refinance options.
In addition, they offer multiple scholarship opportunities and free college planning tools to help students and families avoid overborrowing and plan smart for life during and after college.
Tools and Tips to help Minimize Borrowing:
Take advantage of Iowa Student Loan’s Smart Borrowing Tools. These free resources include online tools to help students and families avoid over borrowing.
- Explore jobs and potential earnings for graduates of specific majors.
- Estimate total college costs four four years of undergraduate students.
- Before applying for a private loan, be sure to complete the FAFSA, or Free Application for Federal Student Aid, first. You should also work with our college financial aid office to explore and exhaust all sources of student financial aid before seeking a private student loan.
About Iowa Student Loan:
- All loans offered by ISL Education Lending are subject to credit approval.
- Before applying for a private loan, we encourage you to first complete the FAFSA, or Free Application for Federal Student Aid. You should also work with your college financial aid office to explore and exhaust all sources of student financial aid before seeking a private student loan.
*First Bank is compensated by ISL Education Lending for the referral of student loan customers.